2019 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2019 Honda CR-V
Compare the 2019 Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V and it’s clear that one of these SUVs outperforms the other in terms of safety, off-road driving, and power. See for yourself why the RAV4 pulls moves to the top of Morton-area drivers’ lists.
Performance Features and Specs
- 2019 Toyota RAV4 LE: This trim has standard front-wheel drive and runs on a 2.5L four-cylinder that delivers 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- 2019 Honda CR-V LX: This trim also has standard front-wheel drive. It runs on a 2.4L four-cylinder paired with a continuously variable transmission that delivers 184 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque.
Upgrade to Adventure
While some of the trim levels of the RAV4 and CR-V may have similar features, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Adventure configuration provides drivers near Morton with features you won’t find on any CR-V trim:
- 120V/100W Power Outlet in the Rear Cargo Area
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive
- Up to a 3,500-pound towing capacity
All of this is to say that a new Toyota RAV4 simply gives drivers more options.
Standard active safety features can be found in both of these popular SUVs, but that doesn’t mean they’re completely equal. The Honda CR-V has Honda Sensing, but you have to upgrade to the EX trim to get Honda’s safety suite. The Toyota RAV4 comes with the Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0) suite across all of its trims with features that include lane keep assist and automatic high beams, as well as:
- Road Sign Assist: This feature detects speed limit signs, yield signs, and stop signs and displays them on the Multi-Information Display in the RAV4.
- Full-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: The feature uses adaptive cruise control to maintain a consistent distance behind the vehicle in front of you.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: If a vehicle or pedestrian enters the path in front of you without warning, this system warns you that a possible collision may occur. It can also automatically activate the brakes if needed.
Test Drive the Toyota RAV4 at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
Now that you’ve compared the RAV4 vs. CR-V and the RAV4 vs. Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, and read the RAV4 reviews, do you agree that the Toyota SUV is the smarter choice for your next SUV purchase? Contact us to learn more about the RAV4 features or visit us in Bloomington, not far from Springfield, to experience them for yourself. We’re happy to take you for a test drive, go over our available RAV4 lease deals, and discuss financing options.
For more information on how Honda measures up against Toyota — or if you’re shopping for something a bit smaller than an SUV — compare the 2019 Toyota Camry vs. 2019 Honda Accord.