2020 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2020 Honda CR-V
Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0
Advanced Safety Technology
Honda Sensing Requires Trim Upgrade
Are you looking for a compact crossover that can handle your busy life in Normal? There’s a good chance that you have your eyes on two of the most popular options in the market, the Toyota RAV4 and the Honda CR-V. But between the 2020 Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V, which option is the best for your Morton travels? The CR-V may be tough competition, but ultimately, it’s the Toyota RAV4 that comes out on top with better performance, safety features, and off-road chops.
RAV4 vs. CR-V: Performance
Even when you’re just running errands around Springfield, you want a powerful and reliable vehicle that can keep up with your schedule! And between the two base trims, the Toyota RAV4 offers the stronger specs. Plus, it has a more reliable fuel economy and even a hybrid option!
2020 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD
- Engine: 2.5L 4-Cylinder
- Horsepower: 203 hp
- Torque: 184 lb-ft
- Fuel Economy: 35 Highway MPG*
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
2020 Honda CR-V LX FWD
- Engine: 1.5L 4-Cylinder
- Horsepower: 190 hp
- Torque: 179 lb-ft
- Fuel Economy: 34 Highway MPG*
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission
RAV4 vs. CR-V: Safety
Both SUVs offers driver assistance features, but the Toyota RAV4 offers better safety options for extra peace of mind on the open road:
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 is offered standard across the lineup, so every RAV4 is equipped with state-of-the-art technology. You’ll need to upgrade your CR-V to achieve the same set of features.
- Features like Lane Tracing Assistance, Automatic High Beams, or Road Sign Assistance are found on the Toyota RAV4 – but not the Honda CR-V.
- Toyota also offers additional safety features outside of Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 like Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Monitoring. You’ll need to upgrade to enjoy these features on a CR-V.
RAV4 vs. CR-V: Off-Road Features
Finally, the Toyota RAV4 is always ready for a great adventure with features like:
- 120V/100W Power Outlet in the Rear Cargo Area
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive
- A towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds
When you when an SUV that can handle exciting weekend getaways and daily school drop-offs, nothing compares to the Toyota RAV4. Not even the 2020 CR-V.
Compare the Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V in Bloomington
In a battle of the 2020 Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V, the Toyota RAV4 is the crossover that Bloomington drivers want. If you want to learn more about the lineup, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington for further assistance. We’d be happy to walk you through our Toyota RAV4 inventory, along with the different trims and options, so you can find the perfect crossover for you! Be sure to take a look at our current vehicle and lease specials for additional savings.
*2020 EPA-estimated 26 city/35 hwy/30 combined mpg for RAV4 LE FWD, XLE FWD, XLE Premium FWD, and Limited FWD. Actual mileage will vary.