2019 Toyota Highlander Reviews Praise this SUV
Families from Normal to Morton love this spacious, safe 2019 Toyota Highlander. Highlander drivers love this SUV, as do automotive critics. Take a look at some of the highlights from the Toyota Highlander reviews to see what experts say about this vehicle.
Toyota Highlander Standard Feature Reviews
Critics appreciate that the Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) safety suite comes standard with the Highlander, in addition to its other excellent standard features.
- Kelley Blue Book: This reviewer appreciates the Highlander for its “keyless entry, a total of five USB ports, the Entune infotainment system with 6.1-inch touch screen, and the Toyota Safety Sense suite of safety features”.
- U.S. News: This review noted that the standard “straightforward infotainment system,” and the “appealing set of entertainment features”, and the “generous amount of safety equipment” make this SUV a smart buy for families.
Toyota Highlander XLE Reviews
The Toyota Highlander XLE is the third trim level out of five. It offers standard V6 power, and the Toyota Highlander XLE reviews are particularly favorable.
- Kelley Blue Book: KBB liked cabin and tech upgrades of the XLE trim, such as “leather interior, navigation, moonroof, power-adjustable passenger seat, the Easy Speak intercom system, and auto-dimming rearview mirror”.
- Edmunds: The Edmunds review said that the “XLE is our pick,” because of its “desirable extras, including blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert systems, leather upholstery, heated front seats, and keyless entry and ignition”.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Reviews
For Springfield families who want more fuel efficiency and a more eco-friendly drive, there’s the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. It makes an EPA-estimated 30 mpg/city and 28 mpg/highway, and it runs on a 3.5L V6 engine with ECO and POWER modes.
- U.S. News: The Toyota Highlander Hybrid was ranked no. 1 in Midsize SUVs by U.S. News, which praised this hybrid SUV’s “class-leading fuel economy,” “strong powertrain,” “upmarket cabin,” and “lots of standard safety features”.
- Edmunds: This review said that the Toyota Highlander hybrid offers a “quiet and compliant ride” and delivers “impressive fuel-economy for a three-row crossover”.
Toyota Highlander In Snow Reviews
If you live in an area with all four seasons, like in Bloomington, then having features like all-wheel drive, capable tires, ground clearance, and performance are necessary. The Highlander delivers on these points.
- U.S. News: This review called the Highlander “sure-footed and stable”.
- Kelley Blue Book: Features like a “high seating position”, “good steering feel, a good turning radius, and a comfortable yet controlled ride” impressed the KBB critic.
- Edmunds: Edmunds noted that this SUV’s 8-inch ground clearance “exceeds that of most in the segment,” and mentioned that “all-wheel drive versions are available and include both hill descent control and an electronically lockable differential”.
See if the Toyota Highlander Reviews are Right at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
Want to put these reviews to the test? Contact us to learn more about the features of the Toyota Highlander, such as Toyota Entune™, or find out how the Highlander compares to the Toyota 4Runner! When you’re ready to take the next steps, or want information on a used Toyota Highlander, just stop by to take this SUV for a test drive!
More from Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
The vehicles in the Toyota lineup are well known as some of the safest, most efficient, and most reliable cars on the road, but that’s not all they’re bringing to the roads near Normal. Most new models also come equipped with one of several different Toyota Entune™ systems, and once you’ve seen what they can…
The 2019 Toyota Camry offers an exceptionally well-appointed interior and performance specs that competing sedans just can’t match. In spite of its exceptional capabilities and segment-leading qualities, it starts within a very reasonable price range, at $23,945 MSRP!* Explore the Toyota Camry pricing by trim level below, and contact Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington to find the new Toyota…
The Bloomington-Normal area has been gaining more and more recognition as a unique destination with a special love of cinema and a lot to contribute to the world outside. If you haven’t spent much time exploring our history, you might be surprised to learn that the restaurants in Bloomington, IL are some of the best around!…