How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
When you purchase new tires from the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) or high-quality replacement tires, they can last about 50,000 miles. Get more details to the question, “how many miles should tires last,” from the experts at the Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington service center.
Factors in a Tire’s Life Expectancy
The questions “how many miles do tires last” and “how many miles should tires last” can have different answers depending on various things.
- Type of tire: High-performance tires have extra grip but can end up wearing faster than all-season tires which have less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires also come with a treadwear rating that rates the life expectancy of the tire treads.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles, due to where the main power comes from.
- Road conditions: Drive on gravel or dirt roads regularly, or encounter construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice? These cause your tires to take more of a beating. Off-roading will also make a difference.
- Terrain: If you live in an area with inclines on the roads, more friction on the tires is required to start and stop the vehicle than on flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Having a lead foot on the gas and brakes will wear out your tires faster than accelerating gradually and letting coasting do some of the braking work.
Tire Care Tips
Also, Decatur drivers should be more cautious, as there are things car owners in and around Springfield can do to extend the life of their tires:
- Inspect for proper air pressure when you get gas since gas stations have tire inflation stations.
- Regularly inspect tire tread depth for tire tread wear.
- Rotate your tires for more even distribution of tire wear.
- Take your vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Learn Proper Tire Care at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
Have additional questions about tire care or other service-related questions? When you’re ready for new tires in Normal, check out our parts and service specials, then give our service center a call to schedule a service appointment.
More From Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
Are you ready to enhance your Normal lifestyle with the 2023 Toyota Camry? Visit Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington and find the trim level that best fits you! There are a total of 13 different configurations available, so we’re confident that you’ll find one you love. You’ll also have hybrid options to select from if you’d like to have…
2022 Model Shown The new Toyota 4Runner with its option for 3rd-row seating is perfect for growing Bloomington families. But just wait until you see its impressive interior. The expertly-chosen interior colors, the generous interior dimensions, the cargo space, and the cutting-edge 2023 Toyota 4Runner interior features all combine to make one impressive vehicle. Let’s…
The 2023 Toyota 4Runner is characteristic of the brand – an off-road icon with the classic Toyota design. This model year even brings a Special Edition 40th Anniversary model with tri-color striped exterior graphics and bronze-colored accents, and detailed interior stitching. Wherever you’re headed beyond the roads of Normal and Morton, you can feel powerful…