The 2021 Toyota Camry and the 2021 Toyota Corolla are both compelling choices if you are looking to upgrade your Morton-area commute with a stylish and capable sedan. When deciding which is the better choice for you, it is important to note that the Camry is a midsize car, while the Corolla is a compact. The difference in size could be a deciding factor, depending on your preferences. Learn more in this Toyota Camry vs. Toyota Corolla comparison from Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington, and then contact us to schedule a test drive today!
Camry vs. Corolla: Performance and Efficiency
The new Toyota Camry engine options include a four-cylinder or a six-cylinder, while the Corolla is offered with two different four-cylinder engines. The Corolla delivers more fuel efficient performance on Springfield streets, but the new Camry gets a better mpg on the highway. Compare their respective engine specs below:
2021 Toyota Camry
- The standard 2.5L four-cylinder engine provides 203 hp with 184 lb-ft of torque, and has earned an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 28 mpg city/39 mpg highway**.
- The powerful 3.5L V6 engine generates 301 hp with 267 lb-ft of torque while offering 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway** in EPA estimates.
2021 Toyota Corolla
- The Corolla gets a 1.8L four-cylinder engine in the entry-level model that produces 139 hp with 126 lb-ft of torque and has an EPA-estimated rating of 30 mpg city and 38 mpg highway**.
- Upgrade to the 2.0L four-cylinder engine, and your Corolla will deliver 169 hp with 151 lb-ft of torque, and when paired with a continuously variable transmission, the XSE trim gets a 31 mpg city and 38 mpg highway** rating.
If you’d like to get even more out of every gallon of gas, there is both a Camry Hybrid and a Corolla Hybrid available, too.
Camry vs. Corolla: Interior Dimensions
Comparing the Toyota Camry vs. Toyota Corolla interior dimensions, you’ll find that each comfortably seats up to five passengers. But the midsize Camry has more space inside than the compact Corolla, Check out the dimensions of each below to see which is better suited to your Normal driving needs.
2021 Toyota Camry L
- Passenger Volume: 100.4 cubic feet
- Cargo Room: 14.1 cubic feet on the base trim, 15.1 cubic feet in every other configuration
- Legroom (Front/Rear): 42.1 inches/38 inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 57.7 inches/55.7 inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 55.4 inches/54.7 inches
2021 Toyota Corolla L
- Passenger Volume: 88.6 cubic feet
- Cargo Room: 13.1 cubic feet
- Legroom (Front/Rear): 42 inches/34.8 inches
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear): 54 inches/51.7 inches
- Hip Room (Front/Rear): 53.9 inches/51.3 inches
Compare Toyota Camry vs. Toyota Corolla at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
Whether you pick the Toyota Corolla or go with one of the Toyota Camry configurations, you can count on dependable and efficient performance, a comfortable ride, and a host of convenient features to enjoy on Bloomington roads. Make sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials and current Camry lease offers to get the best deal on your next sedan. Working with a tight budget? Take advantage of our affordably priced used Camry and used Corolla models. Want to continue your research? See how the Camry compares to competitors like the Honda Accord.
*MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $995 for Cars (Yaris, Yaris iA, 86, Corolla, Corolla HB, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1,175 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,365 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**Based on EPA estimates. Actual mileage may vary.