2020 Toyota Highlander vs. 2020 Honda Pilot
21 MPG City/29 MPG Highway
EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
19 MPG City/27 MPG Highway
Toyota Safety Sense® (TSS)
When you want a spacious and reliable SUV that can handle daily school drop-offs, family vacations, and commuting to the Normal area, you will likely compare the Honda Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander. Both family-friendly vehicles offer affordable price points, premium features, and a spacious interior, but only one will end up on your driveway. Compare the Highlander vs. Pilot to see which is the better option for you.
Highlander vs. Pilot: Starting Price & Standard Features
The new 2020 Pilot has a slightly lower starting price, but you’re getting a better engine performance and standard features with the new Toyota Highlander, which makes it the better option for the price. Let’s take a look at the standard features you’ll find in both vehicles:
- The Highlander offers five USB ports, three-zone climate control, Toyota Safety Sense® (TSS), a Smart Key System, and much more the entry-level Highlander L trim.
- The Honda Pilot, on the other hand, requires upgrades to its trim level or features to get the same convenience features.
Highlander vs. Pilot: Performance
Comparing the Toyota Highlander vs. Honda Pilot often comes down to engine performance. SUVs are known and praised for smooth handling and off-road capabilities, which is appealing to many Morton drivers. When you want more power and a reliable fuel economy, the Highlander is the better option. Take a look at the engine specs below:
- Engine: While both vehicles come with a 3.6L V6 engine, the Toyota Highlander offers stronger performance and better fuel economy.
- Transmission: With 295 hp and an eight-speed automatic transmission, the Toyota Highlander gets you where you need to go safely and with ease.
- MPG Ratings: Springfield drivers will save more too with the Highlander EPA-estimated fuel economy, which is 21 mpg city/29 mpg highway. The Honda Pilot, on the other hand, earns 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway.
When you’re heading out on exciting off-roading adventures or rugged terrain, the 2020 Highlander will be the vehicle to handle it with ease.
Test Drive The Toyota Highlander with Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington!
Now that you have compared the Honda Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander, it’s time to experience everything the newest Highlander has to offer. We want you to see firsthand why the Highlander is the family-friendly SUV sure to enhance your driving experience. We’re located in Bloomington, but you can contact us if you have questions or would like to schedule a test drive.
*MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at price refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. A more expensive model may be shown. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.