Let Toyota All-Wheel Drive Take You Further
Whether you’re getting ready for your off-roading adventures near Morton or need additional peace of mind this winter, Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington has an inventory of Toyota all-wheel drive vehicles that will exceed all expectations. At Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington, we will help find the Toyota all-wheel drive vehicle that’s best suited for you, from trucks and SUVs to, yes, even a minivan.
AWD vs. 4WD: What’s the Difference?
Both all-wheel drive (AWD) and 4-wheel drive (4WD) provide superior traction and control in all kinds of weather and road conditions. While some people may use the terms AWD and 4WD interchangeably, these drivetrains work differently, and it is important to know how they function in order to make an informed decision about which is the better choice for you.
What is AWD?
- AWD stands for all-wheel drive, a type of drivetrain that directs torque from the engine to all four wheels.
- Full-time AWD is always engaged, while part-time AWD systems monitor road conditions and driving behavior to send torque to all wheels only as needed, which helps to promote fuel efficiency.
- AWD systems are typically found on vehicles with unibody frames.
What is 4WD?
- 4WD stands for 4-wheel drive, a traditional 4×4 drivetrain.
- 4WD systems send power to the front and rear axles, as well as directing specific amounts of power between left and right wheels, enhancing traction and control.
- 4WD is typically geared toward off-road performance and found on truck-based, body-on-frame platforms.
Toyota AWD Vehicles
More and more drivers are looking for vehicles that can stand up to the harsh winters Normal is known for, and the expanding Toyota all-wheel drive lineup may be the vehicle to do just that. All-wheel drive is available in each of the following Toyota vehicles:
Toyota All-Wheel Drive Technologies
The all-wheel drive system on your Toyota varies based on which vehicle you choose. Even though the technology may differ slightly, you can expect it to work automatically when it senses additional traction is needed. Compare your options below:
- Both the 2020 Toyota Highlander and the 2020 Toyota RAV4 are available with Dynamic Torque Control All-Wheel Drive as an option across all of the trim levels.
- The 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid and 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid receive Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with Intelligence as a standard.
- The 2020 Toyota Sienna offers All-Wheel Drive with Active Torque Control on its LE trim level and up.
AWD vs. 4WD Toyota Vehicles
Toyota AWD vehicles are more than capable of taking on your daily drives around Springfield, even in less-than-ideal driving conditions. Even so, those who want to be prepared for anything should consider a Toyota four-wheel drive model. Four-wheel drive has a setting that allows you to turn on and off as needed, which all-wheel drive does not. When their drivetrains are engaged, there’s nothing holding these trucks and SUVs back:
Compared to all-wheel drive, four-wheel drive’s performance is better suited for especially rugged, off-road conditions.
A New Era of TRD
The Toyota Camry and Toyota Avalon are two recent additions to the list of Toyota AWD models, bringing in a new era of TRD and delivering high-performance to the sedans of Bloomington. In recent years, Central Illinoisans have been asking where their AWD sedans are, and the answer is here: at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington.
Whether you want the confidence and control all-year or you’re searching for a sedan that can comfortably handle Illinois winters, the Camry and Avalon are up to the task. The Camry has been the best-selling vehicle in its class for 17 years, and now it’s gotten even sweeter.
Explore Toyota AWD Vehicles at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington!
When you’re ready to upgrade your ride, visit us at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington! We’ll help get you behind the wheel of the Toyota all-wheel drive vehicle that’s going to take your current commute to the next level. Browse our new inventory and vehicle specials before making the short drive to our dealership for a test drive. Have any questions in the meantime? Contact us!