How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
When you purchase new tires from the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) or high-quality replacement tires, they can last about 50,000 miles. Get more details to the question, “how many miles should tires last,” from the experts at the Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington service center.
Factors in a Tire’s Life Expectancy
The questions “how many miles do tires last” and “how many miles should tires last” can have different answers depending on various things.
- Type of tire: High-performance tires have extra grip but can end up wearing faster than all-season tires which have less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires also come with a treadwear rating that rates the life expectancy of the tire treads.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles, due to where the main power comes from.
- Road conditions: Drive on gravel or dirt roads regularly, or encounter construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice? These cause your tires to take more of a beating. Off-roading will also make a difference.
- Terrain: If you live in an area with inclines on the roads, more friction on the tires is required to start and stop the vehicle than on flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Having a lead foot on the gas and brakes will wear out your tires faster than accelerating gradually and letting coasting do some of the braking work.
Tire Care Tips
Also, Decatur drivers should be more cautious, as there are things car owners in and around Springfield can do to extend the life of their tires:
- Inspect for proper air pressure when you get gas since gas stations have tire inflation stations.
- Regularly inspect tire tread depth for tire tread wear.
- Rotate your tires for more even distribution of tire wear.
- Take your vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Learn Proper Tire Care at Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
Have additional questions about tire care or other service-related questions? When you’re ready for new tires in Normal, check out our parts and service specials, then give our service center a call to schedule a service appointment.
More From Sam Leman Toyota Bloomington
The 2022 Toyota RAV4 is here and ready to keep you comfortable and content during Normal adventures. It features a spacious interior cabin that’ll allow you and your passengers to stretch out on long drives. If you’re running errands around town, you can anticipate the cavernous cargo area to provide all the versatility you need….
Opting for the new Toyota Highlander means that you’ll get to enjoy a spacious and comfortable cabin that provides more than enough room for you and your family to get comfortable on the Normal roads. Inside the Toyota Highlander, you’ll even find all of the latest features and amenities to really maximize your travels….
The new Toyota Camry is here to turn heads and draw praise as you’re driving around Normal. Its exterior design is modern and sophisticated, making it stand out from anything else on the market. Inside, the 2022 Toyota Camry remains just as impressive, with a swooping dashboard and high-quality materials, the new Camry offers…